Lyssn is excited to support telehealth within its platform. When a telehealth session is initiated, a URL is generated for you to email to your client. Clients can access Lyssn’s telehealth using smartphones and tablets (android or iphone) or laptop/desktop computers. At the present time, Lyssn’s platform requires counselors to use laptop/desktop computers using Chrome browser.
If you have any questions or challenges related to the telehealth platform, please contact email@example.com.
If you are new to the Lyssn platform, please visit the Create a Client page for how to add clients. Once you have one or more clients entered into the platform, click on the client’s name, and you will see a list of their previous sessions.
1. Select the client from the list on the left side of the page.
2. Click on the orange Start New Session button in the upper right corner of the page. Select Telehealth session from the drop-down menu.
3. This will provide a pop-up window that includes the client url to the telehealth session. Select the Copy Link button and email this to your client.
You will need to select one of 3 options for recording permissions:
If you and your client prefer that your telehealth session NOT be audio or video recorded, please select the button next to Do not record this session.
If you and your client prefer that your telehealth session be only audio recorded, please select the button next to Record this session’s audio.
If you and your client would like to record BOTH audio and video, please select the button next to Record both video and audio.
*note that recording both audio and video is not recommended for slow internet connections.
Once you have selected one of the three recording options, please select the orange Start Session button at the bottom right corner to begin.
4. The client will click on the link that will take them to the HIPAA compliant Lyssn platform. They will need to click Allow lyssn.io to use their microphone AND camera when they see the pop-up in the upper left corner of the page.
5. After the client joins the video conference, you will see 3 dots in the bottom left corner of the screen. This will give you the Session URL, Recording Information and Settings.
The Settings button will allow you to change your audio and/or video devices throughout the session.
6. To stop the telehealth session/recording, press the End Call at the bottom of the video.
If you are finished recording the telehealth session, click Yes, save recording. If you are not finished, click No, continue recording
Lyssn is excited to support telehealth within its platform. With no Login or password required, Lyssn supports HIPAA compliant video sessions, as well as optional recording of sessions. You can access Lyssn’s telehealth using smartphones and tablets (android or iphone) or laptop/desktop computers. Using the Google Chrome browser will provide the best telehealth experience, though other browsers are supported.
1. To begin your telehealth session you will receive an email from your counselor that contains a url link which you will be able to use for all telehealth sessions with your counselor. Click on this link.
Within your device (e.g., smartphone, tablet, or computer) you will be prompted to allow Lyssn.io to access your microphone and your camera.
Please click Allow for these requests.
2. Click the Orange Start Call button in the bottom of the page.
You will see only your video image until your counselor joins the session.
3. When you are ready to exit your telehealth session, click the Orange End Call button at the bottom on the page.
4. In the event that you would like to enter the call again, click the Orange Rejoin Call button at the bottom of the screen.
1. On your Lyssn homepage, if you hover your mouse over the user icon in the top right hand corner of the page, you will see “Edit My Account Information”. Click the icon to make changes to your account.
2. If you would like to change your first or last name, or update your email address, you can do so by updating their respective fields. When you are done, click Update.
1. On your Lyssn homepage, click on the user icon in the top right hand corner of the page, then click Edit My Account Information.
2. Click Add Two Factor Device or Change Two Factor Device.
3. Click Change Device.
4. If you do not have Google Authenticator on your phone or tablet, download the app in the Google Play store or the Apple App store. The logo will resemble the picture below.
A barcode should now be displayed on your computer screen. On your phone in the Google Authenticator app, tap Scan a barcode and scan the barcode depicted on the computer screen. Click Close when you are done.
During your next login attempt, you will be prompted to enter a six-digit code which you will access from the Google Authenticator app on your smart phone. You can also click on the Request Code By Email link in the pop-up window to get the 6 digit code. After you’ve entered the code, click on the orange Enter button.
Each site using the Lyssn software has one or more individuals with an Administrator (or Admin) designation. These individuals have additional tools and functionality, which are described here.
How to Create a Client
From the Administrator platform, select the orange +Account button in the upper right corner of the page. Select Add a Client from the list.
In the New Client window, enter the client’s First Name and Last Name in the respective fields, then click Create Client
How to Create a Therapist, Supervisor or Administrator
To add a new therapist, supervisor, or administrator, click +Account in the upper right corner of the page and select on of the following from the drop down menu: Add a Therapist, Add a Supervisor, or Add an Administrator
Create a username for the account and enter the username into the Username box
Enter the first name, last name, and email address, into the respective boxes
Create a password for the account and enter this into the Enter Password and Enter Password Again boxes
Toggle the Send User an Email With Login to orange if you would like to send login information to the new user. New users will be required to change their password when they first login to the Lyssn platform.
How to Assign a Client to a Therapist
1. Select Clients in the upper left corner of the page. You can scroll through the list to search for the client, or you can enter the client’s name in the search box in the upper right corner.
2. After you’ve selected the client you would like to assign to a therapist, you will click on the orange Add Therapist button on the right side of the window.
3. Within the Assign Therapist window, you will scroll through the list to select the therapist to assign to this Client
How to Create a Peer Group
1. Within the administrator panel, select Peer Group in the menu across the upper left side of the page.
2. Click on the orange + PEERGROUP button in the upper right corner.
3. In the Add New Peer Group pop-up window, enter the Peer Group Name and Peer Group Description in the respective text boxes, then click Create.
4. To add therapists and/or supervisors to your peer group, select the desired group from the list on the left side of the page. Then click on the orange Add Supervisor or Add Therapist buttons next to their respective groups.
You will then be able to select and therapist or supervisor from the Assigning Therapist pop-up window.
Remove a User
1. From the menu at the top of the main administrator page, select the user type which you would like to remove (Client, Therapist, Supervisor or Administrator).
2. Select the name of the user from the list on the left side of the page, then click on the orange Delete button at the top right of the window.
3. Click on Yes to confirm you would like to delete the user.
1. Plug-in an external microphone to your computer, phone or recording device. We recommend a small USB plug-in microphone like Samson Go. Place the microphone directly between the two speakers as shown; the closer the microphone is to the mouth of the speakers the better the audio quality. Better audio quality means better transcription and more accurate analysis of your recording.
Microphone should be placed between the two speakers with a short-distance between. The closer the microphone is to the speaker’s mouth, the better the recording quality. Choir microphones can be placed above the speakers’ heads for a more permanent recording set-up.
2. Minimize background noise in the room. Turn off white-noise machines, music or any other background noise to improve sound quality.
White noise machines that are inside the treatment room should be turned-off.
3. The first time you log into the Lyssn platform, your web browser will ask permission to use your microphone and camera (if applicable). Select allow when presented. If you are not asked or are uncertain which microphone your computer is using, follow these steps:
Select the 3 vertical dots in the very upper right corner of your screen.
From the drop menu, select Settings.
From the settings window, select Advanced. This will open a drop down menu where you will click on Privacy and Security.
Select Site Settings from the list. This will open a new section where you will select Microphone. At the top of this window you will click on the down arrow and then click on Samson Go.
4. Once your microphone and camera are accepted to begin recording within the platform, go to My Clients. If this is the first time you have logged into the Lyssn system, you will need to add your clients first. See Create a Client page for how to add clients. Once you have one or more clients entered into the platform, click on the client’s name, and you will see a list of their previous recordings.
Click the orange Start New Session dropdown menu in the upper right corner of the page and select Record in person.
This will take you to the recording page. Click the orange Rec button when you are ready to begin recording. Make sure that the microphones are recording your voices. One way to double-check this is to physically scratch or lightly tap the microphone itself and see that the recording bars light up on the recording page.
To stop the recording, press the Stop button (the orange square).
If you are finished recording, click Yes, save recording. If you are not finished recording, click No, continue recording
5. If you have any issues recording, please contact Lyssn Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Select the Upload Session button located on the upper right corner. If you have a file selected, you can drag and drop the file into the indicated window. Alternatively, you can Browse files on your computer and select a file. Once you have selected a file, a progress bar will indicate how much of the file is downloaded.
2. Select the Client and appointment date (APPT DATE) that you would like to associate with the session.
3. Once you have selected the client, click Done to complete the upload and return to the original interface to view the new file, or select Cancel to start over.
1. Select a client name from the list on the left side of the page, or search for a desired client using the search box. Click on the client name.
2. Scroll through the list of sessions to find the appointment date of the desired recording. Click the orange Session button.
The purple dot indicates sessions that have not been reviewed. The duration of the session is to the right of the appointment date.
3. To start playing the session, click the Play button (the orange triangle) to the left of the streaming bar, or click anywhere in the playback window. To skip to different parts of the session, move the indicator on the streaming bar to the part of the session you would like to view. To view the session in full screen, click the square icon on the lower right of the playback window.
1. After selecting a user (client or supervisee), click the orange Report button on the right hand side of the screen.
Alternatively, you can select the orange View Report button in the upper right corner of the video playback interface.
2. The Report provides an Overall MI Fidelity score, percent of Non Adherent Behaviors, Empathy and MI Spirit scores, and statistics on talk time, open questions, and reflections.
3. The colored bar provides a session timeline, whereby therapist and client speakers are indicated by color. When you hover the mouse over the timeline, you are shown the transcription, as well as the MI code for a given statement.
1. Select My Clients or My Supervisees from the menu bar at the top left side of the page and select a client or supervisee from that list.
2. Select a session within the populated list and then click on the orange Session button on the right side of the page. This will produce the complete session view page which includes a searchable transcript viewer on the right side of the screen. The transcript will automatically scroll as the session is playing.
3. You can search the transcript for specific content using the search window at the top of the transcript, or you can click on part of the transcript, and the playback will begin playing from that point.
1. Click on My Supervisees in the upper left corner of the screen, click on the name of the supervisee whose session you would like to review.
2. Once you’ve selected the name of your supervisee, you will be able to see a list of their clients. Select the client for which you’d like to review a session, and then select the session by clicking the orange Session button.
3. To start playing the session, click the Play button (the orange triangle) in the middle of the playback window, or next to the streaming bar (horizontal bar). To skip to different parts of the session, move the indicator on the streaming bar to the part of the session you would like to view.
1. Select a client name from the list, or search for a desired client using the search box. Click on the client name and then scroll through the list of sessions to find the appointment date of the desired recording. Click the orange Sharing button to the right of the session duration.
2. Within the Peer Sharing, select the available peer group with who you would like to share your sessions. Sliding the toggle to orange shares the session with those counselors within the peer group you selected.
3. Once you have selected the peer group, click DONE. You will be returned to the client interface, and 1 Group will be noted next to the Peer Group icon to indicate which session is currently shared.
1. You can make comments in the text box below the playback window. To save a comment at a particular time stamp, slide the playback bar to the desired time in the session, enter the note in the text box and click Save Note.
2. Your comments will appear in the Discussion section, below the playback window:
3. Your comments will also appear in the time indicator bar. If you hover your mouse over the orange indicator line, your comment will appear.
4. If you would like to edit a comment, you can click on Edit, which appears in the Discussion section under the playback window. When finished, click Save. Alternatively, you can cancel changes, or delete the comment by clicking the Delete button.
1. To set a time limit that a session may be available, toggle the circular button, to the left of the “Download” button. When the toggle turns orange, the session will expire; if the toggle is gray, the session will be saved. A session will be archived when it expires.
2. To download a session, click the cloud icon (hovering over the cloud icon will show “Download Session”). The session will open in a new browser tab.
3. To delete a session, click the trash can icon (hovering over the trash can icon will show “Delete Session”).
After clicking on the trash can icon, you will receive a confirmation window. Select Yes to delete the session or No to retain the session and return to the session list.