Full Time – Remote
Working at Lyssn
Lyssn.io, Inc. (Lyssn) is a technology start-up focused on improving the quality of therapy for mental illness and addiction. Lyssn is headquartered in Seattle, Washington; however, the majority of our team members work remotely.
We started Lyssn with a single conviction: Mental health and well-being is a basic human right, and people who are suffering should have access to the best quality treatments. Our vision is to design technology that maximizes therapists’ ability to help their clients and patients. We offer a suite of technologies to scaffold and enhance training, supervision, and quality assurance of counseling and psychotherapy.
Our company spans a diverse range of areas including natural language processing, machine learning, psychotherapy research, clinical assessment and qualitative coding, project management, software development, UI design, community-based research, business development, marketing, and sales.
Inclusion is our mission.
Our products train therapists in acceptance and appreciation of difference. To create products that attract and serve a diverse customer base, we need a diverse team. At Lyssn we value and respect the unique experiences and perspectives each team member brings. We hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it is the right thing to do, but because it leads to more innovative products and solutions making our company stronger. The ideal candidate shares our values and is passionate about improving mental health care in a start-up environment.
Research Project Manager – Full Time – Remote
Lyssn is actively engaged in research and development activities, funded by multiple grants and contracts from NIMH, NIDA, NIAAA, the Annie E. Casey Foundation, and the John Templeton Foundation. The Research Project Manager (RPM) will work closely with the principal investigator of grants and have day-to-day oversight of key tasks and timelines, including compliance with protocols, IRB submissions / obtaining IRB approval, budget, regulatory agencies and coordination with research and clinical partners, recruitment, and data collection. All projects focus on AI-based technology development to support training, supervision, and quality assurance of evidence-based counseling and psychotherapy. The RPM will have project management responsibilities on one or more of the following projects: 1) Web-based training platform for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for psychosis, including AI-based practice and feedback; 2) Development and assessment of a chatbot to train basic counseling skills in Motivational Interviewing; and 3) Implementation and evaluation of automated, AI-based feedback for supervision and quality assurance of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in community clinics.
The ideal RPM will bring with them a background of work in clinical psychology or social work and is passionate about improving mental health care in a start-up environment. This individual should also thrive working remotely and can demonstrate a history of strong project management skills in organization, planning, risk management, critical thinking, and effective communication and interpersonal skills.
Job Type / Schedule
Full-time employee, 40 hours per week, remote. Participation in three-day, quarterly in-person retreats at a range of locations around the country (e.g., California, Arizona, Utah, New York, Seattle) may be required for this position. During the COVID-19 epidemic, we have not been holding in-person meetings or retreats for the safety of our team. Employees will be required to be vaccinated to attend in-person meetings.
This position is available primarily under the direction of Dave Atkins, Lyssn CEO. All Lyssn employees may interact with this position at different time points via an online interactive platform. A non-disclosure agreement will be required in this position.
- Provide professional project management for new and existing grants, contracts, and development projects
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Co-develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress for new projects and adhere to plans developed for existing projects
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Manage the relationship with all stakeholders; proactively contact and ensure all parties are on track
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- 3+ years in research coordination and/or project management
- Highly effective communicator with exceptional interpersonal and social skills; ability to relate to people of diverse backgrounds and adapt communication style to specific audiences
- Effective verbal, written and presentation communication skills (platforms include but not limited to email, social media, chat)
- Proven reliability and flexibility to work independently
- Highly organized, collaborative and detail oriented
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Exceptional multi-task task management skills across a varied set of responsibilities
- Proven track record of proactively driving accounts with minimal supervision
The salary range is $50-65K and will be based on experience in the field. Additional compensation, such as equity, will be discussed during the hiring process.
- Medical (Premera Blue Cross)
- Dental (Delta Dental)
- Vision (VSP Vision Care)
- Life/AD&D (Unum)
- Excepted Benefit Health Reimbursement Arrangement (EBHRA)
- Employee assistance program
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid Leave: vacation, sick, holiday, bereavement, jury duty
- Corporate matching charitable giving program
- Internet Stipend
- Additional benefits may be discussed during the hiring process
Lyssn is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are committed to fair employment practices regarding citizenship.
Apply at Workable!